Things to consider when planting trees
- Make sure that the trees you want to plant will have the level of sunlight, type of soil, and amount of moisture they need to properly grow.
- Be aware of what other objects will be around the tree when choosing the planting site.
- Make sure that the tree won't obstruct people's field of vision with other objects like stop signs. Thisis especially a concern when planting trees near the curb.
- Make sure beyond a reasonable doubt that the tree can develop uninhibited by buildings,pavement, power lines, or other manmade structures in Palmyra. Do this by keeping the tree’smature height and width in mind when planting.
- Carefully read the maintenance requirements for each tree (please refer to our list of sources for moreinformation) and determine whether you have the materials and time needed to properly care for a tree, orwhether you can hire someone to regularly maintain your tree.